Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Another Day, Another Grilled Cheese Sandwich

As I enter the home stretch, aka: The 9th month of pregnancy, I'm finding myself reverting back to the 1st trimester; with the feelings of dying of hunger. It's actually really annoying because besides being really excited to meet this little guy, I am looking forward to working out and having a waist again. So why can't I stop eating grilled cheese sandwiches??? I have several friends that are pregnant right now as well so it's been really humorous texting pictures of our "meal of the moment" to each other then complaining about what we just ate. Oh well, I'll take advantage of this food freedom I have for the next 4-weeks.

Uggghhh, I get hungry just looking at this.

I am 36-weeks, this week and almost getting to that point where I am SO ready to be done with this. We are in the middle of summer here in Sydney and we've had days that it's been absolutely scorching hot. As much as I love summer, there are days that I'd never thought I'd hear myself say I wished it was cooler. Last Friday it had reached 115 degrees! I literally sat in front of our fan since we are sans A/C and ate popsicles all day long. I couldn't wait to get in our air conditioned car and drive to the air conditioned hospital for my doctors appointment that day.




In other pregnancy news: 
-We have settled on a name for "Little King" and it's a good one! 
-My stomach is huge
-I still feel good but wake up with sore hands and feet (totally normal in pregnancy, I guess)
-I haven't started to waddle. Yet. 
-Sleeping is a challenge. I officially hog the bed and all the pillows too.
-My hospital bag and the baby's bag are packed and ready to go.
-My mom bought her ticket to make her first trip to Australia in March to meet this little guy! So excited!


Le bump at 36-weeks

We haven't been out and about exploring this beautiful country as much as we'd like to since I have to stay somewhat close to home. So we went to visit the Sydney Fish Market last week; got some nice pics of the fresh seafood but the smell was obnoxious so I begged to have our lunch at another venue.



KMK is gone on a business trip this week so fingers crossed "Baby King" stays nice and comfy inside. I hope everyone is having a great week. 


2 comments:

  1. Your bump is so cute Amy!! You look fabulous, can't even tell you've been eating grilled cheeses!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! Ohhh, I'm so excited to learn his name (we made our final decision on our drive to the hospital!). And I can't speak for hunger pains since I didn't make it past 36 weeks, but let me warn you, since breast feeding I've been more hungry than I was the entire time I was prego. Stock up on lots of easy snacks, it's nice having dried fruit, nuts and bars on hand for those middle of the night feedings when you become famished! Let us know what you guys can skype, we'd love to introduce Graham to you. Stay cool! xoxo

    ReplyDelete