Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmastime around Oz {and Happy 2013!}

We woke up Christmas Day to rain which made us feel like we were having more of a North American Christmas, well sort of. It was still humid and I was of course hot (thank you, Baby King). We were invited to Christmas brunch at our friends house so I decide to make and bring along homemade cinnamon rolls so I could follow Mom's Christmas morning tradition. Big mistake, Amy. A typical Australian brunch consists of seafood and not eggs benedict, bacon and of course, cinnamon rolls. So now I know. But don't you worry, folks, we did get our turkey and mashed potatoes in at dinner time. Having been invited to  another friends house (who are American's), we got to have a more traditional Christmas meal. Yessss!

Some images of Christmastime around Sydney:

From top, left going clockwise: A 'Happy Christmas' banner in downtown Sydney. Christmas Tree made of Swarovski Crystals in the Queen Victoria Building; I am at the base but it spans 3-levels. Christmas Day Pavlova. A Christmas Tree dress made with branches and Peacock feathers.


Beach day at Bronte Beach, a few days after Christmas


I'm hoping everyone did something fun to ring in the New Year.  This year was a little bit different for me; no crazy parties to attend to (gotta love being 8-months pregnant). However, we did have a fun night with friends watching the fireworks from their high-rise apartment in North Sydney. We seriously couldn't have asked for a better view of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Darling Harbour. Not to mention all the other fireworks shows we could see from the distant suburbs. My iphone pictures are terrible and I'm hoping to get copies of the good ones my friend took. Hands down, Sydney has the best fireworks show that I've ever seen.


The last sunset of 2012

The sun setting behind Darling Harbour



The Sydney Harbour Bridge before fireworks, during fireworks and the aftermath. Looks like a bomb went off!


Wishing all our friends a happy and healthy 2013!!!



4 comments:

  1. That fireworks show looks amazing!! I can not believe you are already 8 months pregnant!! Baby King is going to be here before we know it! I hope your friends enjoyed the cinnamon rolls anyway...I'm sure they were delicious! xoxo, Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it either! Hope you and John did something fun for NYE as well.

      Delete
  2. I'm sure your cinnamon rolls were appreciated and you may as well keep your favorite traditions alive! And I don't know about you, but when I eat something savory like seafood, I always like to compliment it with something sweet. Those fireworks look incredible! Happy New Year!

    PS. Can't wait to see an updated bump picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you and Curtis! I'll get Kevin to take an updated pic soon. I need to see one of you too!!!

    ReplyDelete