Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

Our new arrival

Born February 28th

Isn't he sweet? These pictures were taken when Decker was about 8-days old and he has already grown so much since then. Today, he is 7-weeks old. We get a lot of people asking about his name and how we chose it. It seems like when we told our friends from the US what his first name is, the typical response was "cool!" or "I love it!". The typical response from the Australian folks is: "Hmmmm. That's different." It makes us laugh. It is different and unique and that's one of the reasons why we chose his name. His middle names are after Kevin's Grandfather and my Grandfather. So now you know.  :)

I've been so bad about keeping up with this blog but mommy-duty calls. This is a full-time gig! No one could ever prepare me for how tired we would be and the days seem to run into each other. I'll be looking forward to the days that this little one sleeps through the night. He just started smiling last week so those little milestones make us smile.




This little boy is so sweet and he has us wrapped around his little fingers; that's for sure! He's smart, attentive, alert and hopefully adventurous because we've got some fun plans coming up for the three of us: A trip to the Great Barrier Reef in a couple weeks, a trip to the US in June and many fun Australian adventures in between!


4 comments:

  1. All your pictures are beautiful but the pictures of Decker smiling are just the best! He's such a handsome, happy guy! Hope we're able to catch up and get the babes together in June!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful to see this post! I do love his smiles; he truly has a King smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy!! I've been waiting for you to post again! This makes me teary eyed! I knew he would be adorable, but seriously . . . he is just precious! I can't wait to meet him through Skype (and hopefully during a US visit)! I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for the sweet comments!!! Excited for you all to meet him. He's the sweetest!

    ReplyDelete