Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Packing and Painting


Packing... I don't know why this is so hard for me; I'm sure Kevin will leave here with 1-suitcase. Me, I will have 4, just like the picture above. It's so hard to figure out what I think I might want to wear or what I will need for the next month and a half until our belongings arrive off the container. When I moved from the US to New Zealand I definitely didn't pack enough clothes. To this day I still haven't worn those clothes I had to wear over and over for that month and a half while I was patiently waiting for my stuff to arrive. For those of you that know me, you know how I feel about the fashion out here in NZ so shopping for new clothes was not an option.  Oh well, I'll get over it. Writing this post is just allowing me to procrastinate.

Painting... I love to paint. Something pretty on canvas, that is. So this story goes like this: When we first moved into our rental house we were told we we couldn't put nails in the wall. BIG problem. HUGE. I litter my walls with pictures, paintings and other cool stuff. In a tasteful way, of course. So I rang the landlord and asked what they suggest I use and they told me about these sticky, picture hanging strips made by 3M.  So I invested in a few dozen and hung away. Well, the other day I was taking all the pictures off the walls as well as the hanging strips that held them in place. Here's where I ran into trouble. They took the paint right off the wall!!! Yikes! I called the landlord and reminded her this is what she suggested (and I may or may not have thrown in there that I noticed the painting was done right over the dry wall.... who does that??!! I'm no professional but even I know you have to prime the walls), I was told it was basically my problem. I had to paint or get money taken out of our bond (that's NZ for deposit) for it to be painted. Kevin and I went to the paint store up the street with a chunk of paint from our wall in our hands and tried to find a match. As you can see below, round one was no bueno. Back to the paint store today to find a better match. The moral of this story is: If you come across those 3M hanging strips and they look too good to be true - they are.  Run away. FAST. They are bad news bears.


painting sucks, touching up nail holes, rental properties


Here's to packing and painting- Cheers!
Amy and Kevin

1 comment:

  1. I am dealing with the same exact thing today as I move!! THOSE THINGS SUCK BALLS!!

    ReplyDelete