Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

What's in a Name?

Picking a name for this little boy is SO challenging! Some things you have to consider when picking a name are:
1.) Is it cute?
2.) Will that same "cute" name be so cute when he's 35 years old and working in a professional setting?
3.) Can this name be shortened to a nickname? I'm big on nicknames!
4.) What's the meaning behind the name? Don't care about this one that much
5.) Do the initials spell something crude?
and lastly,
6.) Will I get sick of the name after a while?

The last one is what I am currently struggling with. We will pick a name that makes it to our top 3 list, then the next week I decide I hate it.

We still have over 3- months to go so we have some time to sort it out :).

Other than thinking about a name on a daily basis, we've started on the nursery decor! There's a sneak peak below. I'm loving the colors and can't wait until we have everything put together. We have concrete walls in our apartment so I've had to get creative with what I hang since I can't hammer any nails in the wall.  My creativity usually turns into an arts and crafts day with me painting a canvas of some sort and then using those pesky little Command Strips to hang. Yes, I know-they are the same things I cursed in one of my first posts. Whatever.



Other things to report on the pregnancy front: I'm at week 23 (I CANNOT believe I will be 6-months pregnant next Wednesday!!!) and I'm still feeling great. I haven't really been craving any particular foods. I'll just want some random food items... is that a craving? For those of you that know me, you know I have a big sweet tooth so what I'm about to write won't surprise many of you. During the first trimester I wanted candy all the time, but that has tapered off. Now every time I pass a Subway (I am obsessed with their cookies) or cupcake boutique it takes all I've got to tell myself I don't need any! As I type this I'm eating a homemade brownie! :) It's gluten-free if that makes it sound any healthier. Oh yeah, I love grilled cheese. The kind with the plastic-like Kraft cheese that I can only stand melted in a grilled cheese sandwich. Before you judge my unhealthy food intake, I do eat a TON of fruit and have been making lots of green smoothies that Kevin is always making a face at. So there! I have a doctors appointment with my Obstetrician next Friday and I am dreading stepping on that scale.

Oh! How could I forget.... we booked our trip to Maui!!!! Whoooo Hoooo!!! We will be there over Thanksgiving and get to see my sister and my nephew. It's also going to be our Babymoon. Have I mentioned I hate that word? I cannot wait for Kevin and I to enjoy relaxing days on the beach.

Last time I was in Hawaii visiting my sister and meeting Mister B for the first time-October 2009

Now, back to decorating the nursery. . .

Happy weekend!

xoxo,
Amy

2 comments:

  1. FUN! Wish I could see it in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the flags - so cute! And you're going to Maui!? That's going to be the best! And babymoon is a silly name, but the best concept ever, enjoy every minute of it and treat yourself to lots of sweets and tropical virgin cocktails!

    ReplyDelete